Continuing education course for professional conference interpreters Cambridge, United Kingdom. 34th intensive course in the practice of simultaneous conference interpretation:
NB: The CCIC is specifically designed for experienced and practising conference interpreters.
Course Directors include:
- Patsy Arizu, former Head of Interpretation, US Department of State
- Loreto Bravo de Urquia, former Head of Interpretation Services, OPCW
- Marie Diur, Head of Interpretation, UNOG
- Philip Evans, Senior Interpreter, NATO HQ, retired
- Ricarda Gras, freelance interpreter
- Christopher Guichot de Fortis, Senior Interpreter, NATO HQ
- Beatriz Leboulleux del Castillo, freelance interpreter
- Almute Loeber, freelance interpreter
- Claudia Martin-Stern, freelance interpreter
- Ricarda Mehl, Head of Interpretation Management Service, German Federal Office of Languages, Cologne
- Elina Pekler, staff interpreter, UNHQ
- Julia Poger, freelance interpreter
- Carlos Pulido de la Vega, freelance interpreter
- Claudia Ricci, freelance interpreter
- Lucie Solem, freelance interpreter
Experience indicates that enrolment before February is highly advisable.
This unique annual CPD course for conference interpreters offers a student-teacher ratio not exceeding 2.5:1. Instruction is centred on training in simultaneous interpretation from numerous challenging contemporary video sources, speeches delivered by teaching faculty, and guest speakers. General, group and individual performance evaluation is extensive, tailored and detailed.
The CCIC’s 27 students will work approximately 5 hours per day in state-of-the-art 2-person ISO booths equipped with screens. A wide range of technical and general subjects (economy, geopolitics, defence, environment, philosophy, history, etc.) will be briefed under authentic conference conditions, including formal UN-format mock meetings. Several in-depth and specialised language breakout sessions, concentrating on a particular mode of interpretation and/or language pair, are also featured.
In addition to the core curriculum, daily specialised modules in a variety of fields (consecutive techniques, B-language strategies, preparation and use of texts, meeting terminology and practice, booth and stress management, marketing and negotiation, chuchotage, interpreting literature, etc.) and briefings on AIIC and the profession, are provided. Practical exercises in ‘chuchotage’ are also featured, using real-life scenarios.
We have negotiated advantageous room rates both at the Hilton Cambridge City Centre hotel venue and at nearby Christ’s College.
Course languages are: English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish, according to demand, and tuition is tailored to cover the language pairs desired by students. The language of general instruction is English.
Weitere Informationen auf der CCIC-Website.